Top 10 Most Expensive Pencils of All Time
Top 10 Most Expensive Pencils of All Time
The pencil is one of the essential devices in writing, drawing, or simply checking items off your to-do list. It has been used for years to create everything from sculptures to structures to works of art.
Pencils probably don’t come to mind when you think of high price tags. And you’d be quite spot-on – most pencils are very cheap. The writing instrument hasn’t been that expensive since the 1700s, which is a long time before modern wood carving machines made pencil production more convenient.
Many small manufacturers developed in the United States after a French scientist, Nicholas-Jacques Conte invented the pencil in 1795, making them more affordable and less costly. A few decades later, thanks to improvements in manufacturing machinery, mass-produced pencils appeared, establishing the framework for the modern pencils we know today.
A pencil serves a purpose in any office. You can use them to make notes, and drawings, or check items off your to-do list. You might be surprised to know that the pencils available cost quite a bit of money. This article lists the top 10 most expensive pencils currently on the market and explains why they demand so much!
Here are the world's top 10 most expensive pencils of All Time:
1. The Perfect Pencil by Faber-Castell
The estimated Price is $12,800
Brand is Garf von Faber-Castell
Origin in Germany
This pencil truly shines in all areas. Why?
- Because everything essential for writing, taking notes, and sketching is included. The sharpener built into the protective cap is available if the lead has grown dull. The cap acts like an extension to the pencil and is still comfortable to handle even after regular sharpening.
- The replaceable eraser under the end cap, which may quickly erase pen smudges, is always available.
- This writing instrument is composed of premium, delicately fluted Californian cedar wood that is quite simple to sharpen and has a lead with unique bonding that meets the highest standards. It offers a pleasant writing experience to any user.
The Perfect Pencil by Faber-Castell is the most expensive in the world.
2.The Montblanc 14K Gold Pencil
Estimated Price: $4,375
Origin: Hamburg, Germany
Search for an expensive gift? How about a costly pencil?
- Montblanc can take it. The famous luxury goods company is a terrific choice for impressing that particular because it has catered to wealthy and famous customers like Ernest Hemingway and Barack Obama.
- A few are writing different tools and techniques from Montblanc. The company began producing its most famous pen, the Meisterstück, in 1924, but one of its most expensive writing implements is an octagonal-shaped 14K gold pencil. Two years after Meisterstück’s production began, in Hamburg, Germany, the unique pencil was produced.
- Rich bidders could purchase the item in 2015 at the Bonham’s auction house.
3. Montblanc Writer's Series Oscar Wilde Limited Edition Mechanical Pencil
Estimated Price: $1,000
Origin: Hamburg, Germany
Why are Montblanc enthusiasts so fascinated?
It Launched in 1994 and Only 7,000 mechanical pencils were created.
- Next is a more expensive Montblanc pencil. The famous company is for going above and above and transforming everyday pencils into works of art, but this limited-edition writing tool goes above and beyond. According to one research, “pencils are a tool for storytelling over the millennia, the basic foundation of an advanced society. So, it makes sense that creating writing equipment is a form of art. And Montblanc is a specialist in it.
- That may sound like a bold claim, but it’s not hard to see why Montblanc enthusiasts are so enamored by the brand’s pencils. Consider this illustration from the organization’s limited Writer’s Series. The distinctive design has a marbled resin body, gold plating, and the word Montblanc stamped on the clip. All that comes with a price tag of $1,000 — but it might just be worth it for fans of the brand.
4. Montblanc Amadeus Mozart Mechanical Pencil
Estimated Price: $999.95
Origin: Germany and France
The Unique Feature:
Sterling silver body
Gold plating with a decorative box
- Coming in at number four is an ultra-expensive pencil Montblanc was made in Germany and France, but many Montblanc pencils are made in Germany. The brand uses several expensive products, including a unique series of pencils paying homage to Mozart.
- Many buyers spend $1,000 to get their hands on one of these pencils.
- Montblanc’s pencil has a sterling silver body and gold plating with a decorative box and a picture of Mozart, the specifics, the tool’s lead measures 0.7mm and the whole item is just over 4.3 inches long.
5. Aurora Ottantotto Demonstrator Sketch Pencil – Limited Edition
Estimated Price: $616
The Unique Features are:
- Plexiglass body
- Fascinating contrast of purity, character essentiality, and style.
Why Aurora Ottantotto Demonstrator Sketch Pencil is The Black Charm of Transparency?
- While some artists use any pencils they may find, others like expensive samples. If they can afford it, is welcome to use this pencil. The black accents on the plexiglass give it a strong personality that makes an impact on modern living while also reinterpreting the past and looking ahead to the future. Original beauty never goes out of style.
- It is made in Italy and designed by Aurora. Customers like a sturdy plexiglass body and the thrill of a limited-edition item, but that’s pretty much where the luxury ends. The pencil has basic materials and common measures despite its $616 price tag. But, users do receive a two-year warranty, so perhaps the cost is justified.
6. The Metallic Pencil by Smythson
Estimated Price: $545
Know a bit more about The Metallic Pencil by Smythson?
- Smythson provides a solid silver writing instrument that is as pricey as it is gorgeous in the Metallic Pencil. The amazing design offers customers the high-level craftsmanship they would anticipate from such a successful brand and is produced in England.
- If you’re interested, this pencil costs more than $500 before tax for a single order.
7. The Magnum Perfect Pencil
Estimated Price: $322
Brand: Garf von Faber-Castell
Why did you choose the Magnum Perfect pencil?
- Garf von Faber-Castell is serious about pencils. Nothing, according to the brand, “embodies simple luxury more than writing with a lovely pencil,”
- The Faber-Castell brand has always been serious about luxury writing equipment. The firm was founded in 1761 and went on to produce many high-end instruments, including this graphite pencil, which costs about $5.
- Yet, just a few of the expensive goods from the business can match the $300 Magnum Perfect. A thick metal lid and a wood and metal body make up the highly pricey design. The brand’s insignia and the renowned Faber-Castell craftsmanship are used to bind everything together.
Have you ready to pay $300 for a pencil?
8. Palomino Blackwing –
Estimated Price: $21.95
Why do Blackwing pencils stand out and find?
- Lacquer in black, grey, or white is used to finish the Matte, Pearl, and 602 models. The Natural version’s transparent finish draws attention to its natural texture. On the side is a gold imprint of the Blackwing logo. There is no concern about the paint rubbing off because it is apparent that the letters are pressed into the wood. With each pencil, the name of the model is also mentioned.
- What sets Blackwings apart are their recognizable ferrules and erasers. The metal connectors are called ferrules to secure erasers to the end of pencils. Long and flat Blackwing ferrules hold refillable erasers with an inbuilt clip that allows you to lengthen the eraser as it depletes.
9. Tombow Mono 100
Estimated Price: $20.80
Brand: Tombow Mono
Why the Tombow Mono 100 pencils are the world’s best pencils?
- Tombow Pencil Co. Ltd. has been in business since 1960 and continues to make the best writing instrument today!
- The Mono 100, is a compact design perfect for students regularly taking sketching ideas during lectures. It has an eraser and a metal cap.
- The lead of the pencil can be adjusted depending on how use it with light-handed you want your strokes, whether they’re bold thick lines or thin delicate. It is the highest quality pencil in the world.
10.Staedtler Noris HB – $12.44
Estimated Price: $12.44
Brand: Noris HB
Did you know the Staedtler Noris HB pencil is perfect for anyone?
- Staedtler, among the best-known manufacturers of writing instruments, including pens, erasers, and sharpeners, since 1835 and is responsible for another pencil on the list.
- In addition, it has an ergonomically triangular design, making it simple to grasp when drawing thin or thick lines on various types of material, from cardboard and foam board to wood and canvas preventing your hand from getting tired while you make.
This model is affordable and perfect for anyone who wants to start practicing their drawing skills.
Everyone enjoys having a decent pencil that enables them to write more legibly. Even so, some people around the world prefer to write with the world’s most expensive pens or pencils. Because writing with an expensive pen or pencil is treated as a luxury, much like other things around them.
As a result, we build a list of the world’s most expensive pencils in the world. Reading about them and knowing about their wonderful history is interesting.