Why Inspection and Auditing Of Fire Safety Equipment Is Necessary?
A fire safety audit is a means for evaluating the fire safety standards of a building (commercial or residential). A complete fire safety audit measures the possible fire risks of regular operations and suggests measures to lessen potential fire risks.
Contact DGS to conduct fire safety audits for all types of buildings such as hotels, power plants, hospitals, homes, FMCG companies, schools, mines, manufacturing plants, chemical plants, foundries, and many more.
The event of a fire can cause huge damage to life and property. A fire safety audit is the most useful tool to evaluate the fire safety standards of your facility. It helps to identify areas for repair, maintenance and develop action plans to get ready to face fire emergencies.
Damia Global Services fire safety consultants (not a team of fire brigade) conducts fire safety audits for high-rise buildings, banks, hotels, small, medium, and large-scale industries regularly.
Their team of qualified technicians conducts fire safety audits based on every IS standard such as Code of Practice for Selection, Standard for Automatic Fire Detection and Alarm System, National Building Code, 2005, Installation and Maintenance of Emergency Fire Extinguishers, Code of Practice for Fire Safety of Buildings, and all other safety standards to locate all the fire emergencies that required to be corrected and prevented.
The main reason for these fire safety audits is:
- To allocate and regulate ignition sources in areas where flammable chemicals are stored/processed/transferred.
- Assess the chemical compatibility of storage spaces and suggest relevant measures to lessen fire damage.
- Examine electrical hazards that may cause a fire.
- Assess fire detection measures taken and advise appropriate changes.
- Check multiple active (fire sprinklers, hydrants, portable fire extinguishers) and passive fire protection measures requirements for storage and handling of chemicals and suggest improvements where required.
- Check fire alarm systems and emergency Fire Protection Systems in plants.
- Evaluate contractor safety awareness (chemical spills, emergency communications, fire protection, knowledge of plant hazards, emergency communications, and safety regulations) and suggest relevant improvements to enhance contractor safety.
- Evaluate staff or residents’ safety awareness and safety training requirements (identification and effectiveness of training) to understand possible fire accidents.
- For your fire safety audit, please call at +91-7009252789
DGS conducts fire safety inspections for every building composition (schools/colleges, factories, hospitals, residential areas, commercial buildings). They have experienced and qualified fire safety professionals. With a comprehensive network of professionals, we provide inspection services in PAN INDIA.
Fire Safety Inspection Includes:
- Conduct a 360-degree evaluation of the building.
- Check the competence of fire protection equipment and its maintenance.
- Evaluation of the building’s construction complies with appropriate fire safety regulations.
- Inspect fire incident preparedness.
Advantages of DGS Fire Safety Audit:
- Confirm current compliance with relevant fire safety regulations.
- Our inspections will be according to the guidelines prescribed by the NBC of India.
- After the completion of the fire safety inspection, you will be provided with a detailed fire safety audit/inspection report. This will help you to know the requirement for the replacement or repair of fire safety equipment.
REGULAR FIRE SAFETY AUDITS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR ANY BUILDING
Fire safety audits help to ascertain the building’s position with regard to fire safety. These evaluations are usually planned, include examination of relevant documentation.
According to the law, ‘accountable persons’ for a building such as employers, owners, and managers have to take charge to assure that fire safety regulations get put into action. Failing to comply can cause a problem for a building owner whether a huge amount of fines or even worse time in prison.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, demands Fire Risk Assessments on all commercial buildings, and also on the communal spaces of residential premises. The building owner must abide by the law to keep employees and visitors safe every time.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During a fire safety audit, an in-depth audit & inspection of the facility and appropriate documentation will take place. Damia Global Services expert fire safety professionals will review to ensure the proper functioning of fire safety equipment.
THIS CAN INCLUDE:
1. Testing of Fire prevention systems (alarms, sprinklers).
2. A fire risk assessment.
3. Records of fire drills and staff training.
4. List of possible and harmful materials on the premises.
5. Details of protocol for evacuation in the event of a fire are written in a document.
Inspection and auditing are very important to ensure safety of building and valuable lives.