Fire Suppression for Spray Paint & Auto Body Shops
If you running automobile service center and own a spray paint or auto body shop your work environment is full of highly flammable liquids. In an area constantly exposed to fumes, chemicals, spills, and leaks, fire is always a threat in a commercial spray paint booth or auto body shop. How protected are your employees, customers, and property from the threat of a fire? Fire suppression system is the best solution to protect life and property.
Choosing the Right Fire Suppression System for Your Paint Booth or auto body shops
Due to the nature of painting booths, and the fumes and heat often trapped within, fires can be especially destructive and difficult to contain The risk of a fire breaking out in your auto collision repair shop’s spray booth is one you can’t afford to carry, so it’s important that you select the correct type of fire suppression measures.. Here’s what to look for in your system.
During the Installation
Latest and Advanced technology types of dry chemical containment fire suppression systems should be planned thoroughly, including obtaining all necessary permits and approvals prior to work beginning. All steps in coordination and installation should be performed completely at your location before balancing, testing and a thorough inspection is completed to ensure quality performance. A complete operational UAT should be performed and documented during installation and proper handover to concern team.
Inspecting the System
It is very important to assure the safety of your staff and property, system inspection is required to verify that your suppression measures will be ready in the event of a disaster. We are ensure all mandatory steps of this process include:
- Visual verification of conduit and nozzle locations.
- Checking connecting line and all detector positions.
- Test system’s auto-actuation and remote pull station (RPS).
- Ensure exhaust function is working properly.
- Verify gauges and overall integrity of pressurized tanks.
- Examine regulator and cylinders for most recent testing dates.
- Nozzle removal and cleaning to ensure no clogs exist.
- Inspect copper tubes and piping.
- Proper testing of all equipment installed
- Capturing of data to ensure properly tracking of all drill conduct during regular check.
FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM INSTALLATION SERVICES
The system utilizes a dry chemical extinguishing agent, which suppresses more fire than any other agent and meets the following NFPA standards:
- NFPA Standard 17 for dry chemical extinguishing systems
- NFPA Standard 33 for spray application using flammable and combustible materials
- NFPA Standard 34 for dipping and coating processes using flammable or combusting liquids
Fire suppression system consists of the following components to provide 24-hour protection:
- Alarm/hooter – Lets your workers and employees know when to clear the area.
- Detectors – The system utilizes temperature rated heat detectors in your protected area to sense when there’s a fire.
- Pull station – In case you need to manually activate your fire protection system.
- Nozzles and caps – Specially designed to protect your system from blockage.
- Control Panels – Easy to install and activated by your detectors or pull stations.
- PAC 10 and 200 cylinders –The system allows for the simultaneous actuation of 10 to 20 cylinders for maximum suppression and protection.
- Time delay – This feature allows your exhaust fan to wind down.
- Agent tanks – The experts at DGS can help you decide how much agent (available in a number of sizes) you need to protect your auto body shop, spray paint booth, or hazardous materials storage facility.
If you’re ready to install a fire suppression system in your paint shops, or you need to have your existing system inspected or repaired, please Damia Global Services today at +917009252789!
We offer fire alarm installation and inspection services in these cities and the surrounding areas:
Chandigarh (CH) : Chandigarh, Panchkula, Mohali, Zirkpur, Kharar
Haryana (HR): Chandigarh, Panchkula, Ambala, Yamunanagar, Kaithal, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Rohatak, Panipat, Sonipat, Karnal, Hisar, Sirsa, Bhiwani, Rewari and rest of the cities.
Punjab (PB):Mohali, Amritsar, Patiala, Jalandhar, Firozepur, Ludhiana, Baithinda, Pathankot, Hoshiarpur and rest of the cities.
Himachal (HP):Shimla, Solan, Baddi, Parwano, Una, Nalagarh, Dharmshala, Kangra, Hamirpur, Manali, Kullu and rest of the cities.